Have you tried roasted carrot ginger soup yet? It’s a delicious and easy vegan dish perfect for a winter dinner. The carrots and ginger give the soup a warming flavour, while the coconut milk makes it creamy and satisfying. You can enjoy this soup on its own or serve it with some crusty bread for dipping. Best of all, it takes just 30 minutes to make! Give this recipe a try tonight and see how good it is.
How to Make the Best Carrot Soup
- Roast the carrots
. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the carrots into bite-sized pieces and spread them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper—roast in the oven for 25 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Cook some aromatics and spices
While the carrots are roasting, heat a soup pot on the stove. Add in some olive oil, ginger, and garlic. Cook for a minute until fragrant. Then, add the spices: ground cumin, smoked paprika, and chilli powder. Give everything a good stir.
- Simmer to bring it all together
Now it’s time to add the roasted carrots and the rest of the soup ingredients: vegetable broth, coconut milk, and lime juice. Bring everything to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Blend in a stand blender or with an immersion blender
Once the soup has simmered, use a stand blender or an immersion blender to blend it until smooth. If you’re using a stand blender, be careful when blending hot liquids!
- Finish with butter and lemon
Finish the soup with a knob of vegan butter and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice—season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with some crusty bread on the side.
Three Delicious Carrot Variations
1) Carrot ginger soup with orange: add a splash of orange juice to the soup for a citrusy twist.
2) Curried carrot soup: increase the amount of curry powder used, or add some spices like turmeric, coriander, and cardamom.
3) Spicy carrot soup: increase the spice level by adding more chilli powder, or include a diced jalapeno pepper when cooking the aromatics.
No matter which variation you choose, this carrot soup is guaranteed to be delicious! So what are you waiting for?