Do you know the answer to the question, “What is the best soup in the world?” Surprisingly, many people say that cream of crab soup is the best. But what makes this soup so great? And where can you find some of the best creams of crab soup around? Keep reading to find out!
CRAB SOUP INGREDIENTS 5 Servings
1 (8 ounces) package of cream cheese
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Two tablespoons butter
2 cups chicken broth
One tablespoon of dry sherry
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds fresh crabmeat, picked over for shells
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Combine cream cheese, milk, flour, and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until mixture thickens and bubbles, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in crabmeat and parsley, and cook until crab is heated through. Do not overcook, or the crab will become tough.
This soup is best when made with fresh crabmeat, but canned crab meat can be used in a pinch. If using canned crab, drain and flake it before adding it to the soup.
CREAM OF CRAB SOUP COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. In a large pot, sauté onions in butter until softened.
2. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
3. Stir in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
4. Slowly add in the chicken broth, whisking as you pour to avoid any lumps from forming.
5. Add the crabmeat, cream, and sherry.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
8. Serve in individual bowls and enjoy!
If you’re looking for an incredible soup recipe, look no further than this cream of crab soup! Packed with succulent crabmeat and a rich, creamy base, this soup will please any palate. And thanks to its simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, it’s easy to make at home. So the next time you’re in the mood for something warm and comforting, give this soup a try. You won’t be disappointed!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE PERFECT SOUP
1. Always start with fresh ingredients. This is the key to any good soup, but especially cream of crab soup. If you use canned or frozen crab, your soup will not taste as good.
2. Use a good quality chicken broth. This will be the base of your soup, so you want to make sure it is flavorful.
3. Do not overcook the crab. You want it to be cooked through but still tender. The overcooked crab will be challenging and chewy.
4. Use heavy cream for a more decadent soup. If you watch your fat intake, you can use half and half or even milk, but the soup will not be as rich.
5. Season to taste. Depending on your personal preferences, you may want to add more salt, pepper, or Old Bay seasoning.
Now that you know how to make the perfect cream of crab soup, here are some places where you can find some of the best around:
1. The Chesapeake Restaurant in Baltimore, Maryland, is known for its award-winning soup.
2. The Crab House in Ocean City, Maryland, is another excellent place to get this soup.
3. Phillips Seafood in Atlantic City, New Jersey, also has a delicious version of cream of crab soup.
4. If you are looking for a quick and easy option, many grocery stores now sell pre-made versions of this soup that are pretty good.
Cream of crab soup is a unique and delicious dish perfect for any occasion. If you are looking for a hash that is sure to impress, look no further than cream of crab soup! Whether you enjoy it as a starter or main course, this soup will please. Serve with a side of crusty bread for dipping, and enjoy! And if you want to find some of the best creams of crab soup around, check out the restaurants and cafes in Maryland!